ECQA CTM - Basic: E-learning courses in 2017
ECQA Certified Terminology Manager - Basic
Online courses 2017
The course comprises 6 units (5 theoretical units and 1 practical unit based on an exercise).
For every unit participants will receive:
- A set of materials (to be found in a Moodle-based e-learning platform)
- An online tutorial (in form of a live webinar)
- And a discussion forum for questions and answers.
Through the weeks appointments for live webinars will be set and the content of these webinars will be posted in the Moodle platform afterwards.
Students will go through the materials by their own and will be coached for the practical exercise.
INTRODUCTION - ECQA, CERTIFIED TERMINOLOGY MANAGER - BASIC AND ONLINE COURSE
- What is ECQA and CTM - Basic
- Learning concept
- Self assessment
- Learning platform / Moodle
- Exam and certificat
UNIT 1: UNDERSTANDING TERMINOLOGY MANAGEMENT
- What is terminology?
- Why terminology management?
- How terminology work is embedded in my organisation and work environment?
UNIT 2: TERMINOLOGY MANAGEMENT SKILLS
- How to search and collect terminology?
- How to store and retrieve?
- How to coin terms?
- How to manage monolingual and multilingual terminology?
- How to manage terminology projects?
UNIT 3: TERMINOLOGY STRATEGIES FOR BUSINESS PROCESSES
- How to present the business case for terminology?
- How to calculate and argue costs & return on investments?
- How to involve relevant stakeholders?
- How to collaborate with relevant organisational units?
UNIT 4: TEAM WORKING & COMMUNICATION SKILLS
- How to organise team communication?
- How to manage distributed and diverse teams?
- Why conflict management?
- How to train and motivate your team?
UNIT 5: APPLICATION SCENARIOS
- Preparation for Unit 5 and topics for the participants´ projects
- Presentation of the participants projects.
UNIT 6: STANDARDS AND LEGAL ISSUES
- Which standards are relevant
- How to deal with copyright issues in terminology management
- What about product liability