TermNet is associated partner in "Termturk - Terminology for Cross-Cultural Dialogue and Specialized Communication"
The project is conducted by Hacettepe University and funded by the European Union as part of its "Promotion of Civil Society Dialogue between EU and Turkey" project.
The main objective of the project is to establish the foundations required for the determination of a national terminology policy and to build capacities for human resources that is to work in this field. The project will contribute to the strengthening of the civil society dialogue between EU member states and Turkey.
- To raise awareness and increase the knowledge about terminology research.
- Setting up of a Terminology Research Centre (TRC) to improve research and education in this field.
- Establish long term cooperation between the partner universities and stakeholders.
- Development of an MA program offering a dual or triple diploma.
Steps toward these objectives are taken in five major events:
- Cross-cultural Dialogue and Specialized Communication Workshop
6 - 10 July 2009
- Terminology Training for Professionals Workshop
- National Terminology Policy Workshop
- Terminology Training for Graduates Workshop
- International Symposium Technical Translation and Terminology for Cross-Cultural Dialogue
12-13 November 2009
Partners & Associates:
or contact Anja Drame (email@example.com)